General Immigration

When you want to enter or live in the USA, you must ensure you are deemed legal or may face deportation charges. There are various ways of obtaining permanent legal status in the USA. US Legal Group is here to assist you with learning more about how you can obtain a green card or other valid alternative visa as a private individual.

General Immigration

We offer general immigration assistance with the following:

Marriage Based Green Card

Applying for a green card as the spouse of a U.S. Citizen can be considered the common path traveled to legal permanent residence in the United States. You may qualify to apply for a marriage-based green card if you legally entered the United States.

Family Based Green Card

Foreign Nationals who believe they may be eligible for a family-based green card must be an immediate family member which is defined as a spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21, or a parent. There is no limit on the number of visas available for immediate family members. If you are not an immediate family member, there are still options available to you which are more restrictive in nature.

Deportation Defense

Currently, there are many common defenses against deportation and we understand that those individuals facing removal and deportation risk leaving behind family members. Oftentimes these include young children and elderly parents, and they risk creating emotional and psychological hardship for all of those involved. At US Legal Group, we understand that deportation does not only affect the alien, but their family also, and we are here to assist our clients and their families with appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals, Immigration Court, and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Student Visas

Sometimes Foreign Nationals are wishing to enter the United States to attend an educational institution on a full-time basis. If that happens, the Foreign National will require a student visa and US Legal Group can help in obtaining one.

There are two nonimmigrant categories available to those Foreign Nationals wishing to study in the United States. Foreign National students may be eligible to obtain either an F-1 academic student visa, or an M-1 vocational student visa.

U-Visa & VAWA

Victims of qualifying crimes and their immediate family members, are afforded a pathway to immigration status in the United States through the U-Visa program, if they are the victim of a qualifying crime as identified by the Immigration and Nationality Act. In addition, the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows a foreign national to qualify for legal resident status if they are able to demonstrate that he or she suffered battery or extreme cruelty at the hands of his or her U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident abuser.