Business professionals in Lobby



Helping Business Owners & Foreign Workers

U.S. immigration law has established categories for foreign workers with certain skills to enter the U.S. on employment-based visas. These visas are issued on either a nonimmigrant temporary basis or on a permanent basis as green cards. If you are a business owner or a foreign national seeking employment in the U.S. through your prospective employer, you can count on US Legal Group, APC to guide you through this matter.


Our firm has extensive immigration law experience, including the personal experience of one of our attorneys who is an immigrant himself. We provide comprehensive legal service for all phases of the immigration process, including representation through all court proceedings. We are proud of the outstanding service, competitive fees, and impressive legal ability you will find at US Legal Group, APC.

Contact us at (714) 921-5226 for a free 30-minute initial consultation with a business immigration attorney in Orange.

Non-Immigrant Temporary Worker Visas

Nonimmigrant temporary workers are generally allowed to enter the U.S. and stay on a temporary basis for a specific period of time to perform some type of work. These workers usually must demonstrate that they intend to return to their home country once their employment has ended. They are usually sponsored by a U.S. employer for a specific job or a specific work-related purpose, such as training or research in their field.

Common Nonimmigrant Visas

There are many types of nonimmigrant visas for temporary visitors of the U.S. Below are some common examples:

  • B-1/B-2 Business/Tourist Visa

  • L Visa for Intra-company Transferees

  • O Visa for Foreign Nationals with Extraordinary Abilities in the Sciences, Arts, Education, Business, or Athletics

  • P Visa for Performing Athletes, Artists, or Entertainers

  • Q Visa for International Cultural Exchange Visitors

  • F-1 or M-1 Student Visa

  • R Visa or Religious Worker Visa

  • I Visa or Journalist and Media Visa

B-1 Visas may also be for eligible personal or domestic servants accompanying an employer to the United States.

Applying for Employment-Based Visas

To obtain this visa, you will likely have to undergo several screening processes. On top of that, some visa categories are subject to annual caps. Candidates must meet all of the requirements for admission under their specific category and may have to pass inspection by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) upon arrival.


Permanent resident employment-based visas are available under five different categories, which are also subject to an annual cap.


These categories include:

  • E1 - Persons with extraordinary ability, professors, researchers, and executives

  • E2 - Persons with advanced degrees and/or exceptional ability

  • E3 - Professionals, skilled, and unskilled workers

  • E4 - Certain special immigrants

  • E5 - Immigrant investors


Most of these immigrants are also sponsored by a U.S. employer based on their company needs. They are allowed to obtain green cards as long as they meet all necessary requirements.

Call Our Orange Business Visa Lawyers at (714) 921-5226!

There are different requirements and ways to apply for business visas in the U.S. Consult with our experienced immigration attorneys at US Legal Group, APC for guidance. We can ensure that your application goes through smoothly and that there is no delay in your process! Reach out to us to set up a consultation -- we are ready to answer all of your questions.

Need help applying for an employment-based visa? Talk to an Orange business immigration attorney at US Legal Group, APC to get started. Call (714) 921-5226 now.